- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely cubed smoked ham (optional garnish)
- 1/2 cup finely cubed Gruyere cheese (optional garnish)
- 3/4 cup finely minced green onion
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1/2 cup finely minced fresh dill (do not use dried dill weed)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (preferably Italian)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
Bring 3 quarts salted water to boil in large saucepan. Add beans and cook until just tender. Drain well and immediately run under cold water to stop cooking process. Drain again. Transfer to salad bowl and chill well.
Combine next 6 ingredients in blender and puree until smooth (do not use processor or mixture will be too grainy). Pour over beans and toss well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, garnish as desired.
Serves 4 to 6