Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 9 ounces of risotto rice (Arborio type)
- 6 stalks of fresh rhubarb, cut in pieces, and skin removed
- 10 asparagus including tips and the most tender parts
- 5 scallions (or green garlic)
- 2 tsp pink pepper
- 1 glass dry white wine (use the rest to drink when serving the risotto) see note1.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (originally it calls for Robiola) see note 2.
- Vegetarian bouillon, follow recipe on the box
- 1 tablespoon of butter
Steam the asparagus tips and the most tender parts, or just blanch them for 1 minute
Sauté at medium heat the chopped scallions and the butter. When the scallions are wilted, add the rice and stir it gently so that the butter coats the rice. Add the wine, and let the alcohol evaporate. Finish cooking the rice as directed by substituting the vegetarian broth for water as needed.